We are pleased to announce that the Addendum to the Provincial COVID-19 Communicable Disease Guidelines has been rescinded as of Friday, February 18, 2022, at 11:59 pm. Our SD48 COVID-19 Communicable Disease Plan of October 1, 2021, is henceforth reinstated starting today, Tuesday, February 22, 2022. Please note the following:
- For school gatherings and events that bring together multiple classes or other groupings of students (e.g., school assemblies, multiple classes doing a single activity) from the same school (but members of the school community beyond staff, students and necessary volunteers are not attending), there is not a specific capacity limit.
- For school extracurricular and social gatherings and events that bring together members of the school
community beyond staff, students and necessary volunteers (e.g., an arts club performance, community fair), or that occur between schools (e.g., a music festival, a sports game or tournament), indoor capacity should not exceed 50 people or 50% of operating capacity (whichever is greater).
- For indoor spaces without a defined operating capacity, schools should determine a capacity limit that is at most half the number of individuals that would be within the space for that activity or event if prevention measures weren’t in place.
- Spectators (e.g., parents, caregivers, peers), may be present for gatherings and events (e.g., attending performance club theatre productions, inter-school sports games and tournaments, etc.) within capacity limits.
- Schools should not implement proof of vaccination requirements for school-led gatherings and events.
- Visitors are no longer limited to those supporting activities of direct benefit to student learning and wellbeing.